Thursday 13 October 2011

Meanwhile, my other hat

For those who like poetry or are willing to try it, my other blog (http:www.simonsworlds13.wordpress.com) has recent posts including "Be quiet, or I will hit you with a poem" asking what puts people off poetry, an ironic poem about anthropologists (The Anthropologist), a poem or song celebrating British Real Ale (Joe Keenan) and a short, very Gothic poem (Crossing). There is also a poem puzzling over the sign THIS DOOR IS ALARMED. What is the door alarmed about?

Those who know me may be interested that I'm getting on with writing a fantasy novel, "The Case of the Broken Spectacles": the first draft is more than half finished. I'm also writing up an account of walking the West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way in the Scottish Highlands this summer, finishing one long-distance trail and straight on to the other, with a view to using it as raw material for a couple of magazine articles.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to check out your other blog! You are a very good writer and I look forward to reading your words. Best of luck with your novels! :)

    ReplyDelete